Do you think you have what it takes to be the next Torch Award winner? Does your business demonstrate a solid commitment to marketplace trust? Better Business Bureau serving Central, Coastal, Southwest Texas and the Permian Basin is now accepting entries for the regional 2016 Torch Awards for Ethics competition.
BBB created the Torch Awards for Ethics regional competition to recognize and celebrate ethical business practices for companies located in Central, Coastal, Southwest Texas and the Permian Basin. Spotlighting these companies fits BBB’s mission, which is to be the leader in advancing marketplace trust.
Any for-profit business in the 79-county service area of BBB can submit an entry for the Torch Awards. Entrants must be in business for at least three years. While BBB Accreditation is not a requirement, businesses must be in good standing with BBB and have at least a “B” rating to be considered for the award. Also, past winners can only enter once every three years.
Candidates will be evaluated by a panel of judges from the business and academic communities. The judging criteria includes these six categories:
- Leadership Commitment to Ethical Practices
- Communication of Ethical Practices
- Leadership Practices to Unify the Organization
- Organizational Commitment to Performance Management Practices
- Organizational Commitment to Ethical Human Resource Practices
- Organizational Commitment to the Community
The winner of the 2016 Torch Award has the unique opportunity to receive public recognition for their excellence in ethical business practices. Being selected as a BBB Torch Award Winner is not only an honor, but includes the following recognition:
- Inclusion in a press release announcing winners
- Announcements made via BBB’s social media channels
- Inclusion in several BBB promotional vehicles
- Lifetime use of the BBB Torch Awards Seal (As long as winners maintain a “B” rating with BBB)
- Torch Award trophy presentation by BBB
- Professional quality photos taken of the winning business by BBB
- Website recognition.
- Perpetual placement on Torch Awards winners page (As long as winners maintain a “B” rating with BBB)
- Announcement and recognition at the BBB Annual Meeting in February 2016
- Qualification to enter the 2016 International BBB Torch Awards for Ethics
Austin Real Estate Partners, Dyezz Surveillance and Abacus School of Austin were awarded the 2015 BBB Torch Awards for Ethics in February. You can watch interviews with the winners here.
The deadline for submission is Oct. 14, 2015.