Spring has arrived and with it warmer weather and some rain showers. Unfortunately, the warmer temps can also bring more bugs.
BBB has some tips to help find a pest control company:
- Research the company. Check any pest control company’s BBB Business Review at bbb.org before signing a contract. Look at the company’s rating, how it has responded to customer complaints and any advertising issues it may have.
- Compare prices. Solicit bids from at least three different pest control companies before making a decision. BBB provides a free Request a Quote service to make it easier to gather estimates from local BBB Accredited Businesses.
- Ask about safety. Because pesticides and pest control products could be dangerous to touch or inhale, be sure to ask the company about the safety of the chemicals they use. Let the company know if you have pets, children or sensitive plants as that may impact the products they select for your home.
- Check for licensing and insurance. Make sure the company meets state licensing requirements by verifying with the Texas Department of Agriculture. Also, be sure to ask for proof of the company’s insurance and coverage for any potential property damage or personal liability.
- Carefully review your contract. Be sure you fully understand the nature of the pest to be exterminated, the extent of the infestation, and the work necessary to solve the problem.