The summer months can wreak havoc on your vehicle. With triple digit temperatures and long road trips, there could be a greater potential for consumers to experience problems this summer. If your check engine light comes on or you notice something is just not right, make sure to follow these BBB tips to find a mechanic that will fix your vehicle to your satisfaction.
– Investigate the problem. Research the problem with your vehicle to get a better understanding of the issue and how to go about getting it fixed.
– Use a BBB Accredited repair shop. Visit BBB Member Pages to find a BBB Accredited mechanic or auto repair shop in your area. Or use BBB’s mobile app (m.bbb.org) if you get stuck on the side of the road.
– Get multiple estimates. Use BBB’s Request a Quote service to receive several estimates from local BBB Accredited Businesses on what it may cost to fix the problem.
– Ask for a follow-up call. Make sure the company will call you to confirm the repair work. Request that the company quotes you a price once they identify the problem.
– Obtain warranty information in writing. Look over the fine print to ensure you understand what work is covered under the warranty, which includes how long the parts and labor coverage will last.