Your BBB is offering FREE shredding and recycling at the 7th semi-annual fall Shred Day events this month. BBB will be at the following locations collecting up to 5 boxes of paper documents for shredding and recycling.
Saturday, Oct. 15, at the KIII-TV studios (5002 S. Padre Island Dr.)
Saturday, Oct. 22, at Dell’s Round Rock Campus (Building 8; 2401 Greenlawn Blvd.)
Saturday, Oct. 22, at the Wonderland of Americas Mall (4522 Fredericksburg Rd.)
Saturday, Oct. 29, at 1st National Bank Texas (2201 Trimmier Rd.)
* All events held at Complex Community Federal Credit Union
- Saturday, Oct. 15, (4900 E 52nd St, Odessa)
- Monday, Oct. 17, (1301 N Main St, Andrews)
- Saturday, Oct. 22, (310 W Longview Ave, Midland)
- Monday, Oct. 24, (1117 S Stockton Ave, Monahans)
No RSVP required. We can’t wait to see YOU there!
1) According to the Consumer Sentinel Network, over 24,000 Texans became victims of identity theft in 2010.
2) The most common forms of identity theft occur through forging driver’s licenses and personal government documents. To help take away the access to these materials, you should dispose of sensitive documents that contain this information.
1) According to Privacy Rights Clearinghouse, nearly 7 million personal records were compromised from lost or stolen portable devices like cell phones and PDAs last year.
2) Only 63% of all paper consumed in the United States is recovered for recycling according to the Paper Industry Association Council.